Happy Monday my loves!
I’ve missed you and I’ve missed blogging. But instead of explaining to you where I’ve been or why I’ve been slacking, I will spare you the details and jump right into this NEW post I am so excited to share with you! Let’s do this…
Over the years I’ve learned that change is inevitable and we should embrace it, but also the importance of allowing ourselves to be uncomfortable. I found the things that made me feel uncomfortable, that gave me butterflies in my belly, were often the telling signs of the bigger things I should force myself to do. They’ve always been the most rewarding and the most life changing, because I always learned something about myself, and life and this world. Now just to be clear, I am not talking about allowing myself to do uncomfortable things that are dangerous or that would harm myself or anyone else, but BIG things that we all dream of doing, but find ourselves in uncomfortable situations when we want to do them. Fears, worries, wrong timing, scrutiny from loved ones, financial burdens…we all have those thoughts in our heads, don’t let people fool you.
With that being said I have personally created a #30×30 List for myself. Call it a bucket list if you will, but with more of a time frame set in mind. Our daily lives fly by trying to keep up with work, family, friends, social events that the things we dream of doing just fall by the wayside. I’m here to say, just go out and DO IT. Find a way that works for you. Make lists, vision boards, itinerary plans. Be proactive about your dreams, and when you see it, feel it, breath it, live it, I truly feel like you can make magic happen.
My List of 30 things are to be done by the time I am 30. They are dreams, some small and immediately achievable, some are far fetched but I know I can accomplish. These 30 things are important, personal, and dear to my heart, but I want to share them.
To Inspire. Motivate. & Move You
1. Fall in love…with myself
2. Start my own design Label/Business
3. Be Healthy and meet my Goal Weight
4. Have my own design studio
5. Take an acting class
6. Be debt FREE
7. Buy a puppy
8. Go Kiteboarding, Surfing, Skydiving
9. Go on a Helicopter Ride
10. Fall in Love
11. Go on a mission trip
12. Take a piano lesson
13. Learn enough Portuguese to have a simple conversation
14. Break my bad habits
15. Blog Fulltime
16. Take my mom to London and Paris
17. Write a book
18. Go to New York Fashion Week
19. Make 3,000 dresses for Dress a Girl Around the World
20. Buy a Home
21. Go on a Yoga Retreat
22. Host a Charity Fashion Show with my collection
23. Travel/Attend Events for Fashion/Blogging/Beauty
24. Raise $30,000 to build a school with Pencils of Promise
25. Travel to 3 Different Countries I have never been to
26. Go to SXSW – Coachella – Lollapalooza
27. Take a road-trip to Key West
28. Believe in myself and use my passion for good
29. Focus on my health and spread love to others
30. Travel/Road-trip to all the States I haven’t been to
So if you read this far, you’re either motivated and inspired, or thinking I am completely insane and there is no way I will complete all of that. So let me tell you, I have every intention to and I will. If I don’t reach it by the time I am 30, it will be ok. My main goal is to get out of my comfort zone, have faith, and fulfill the dreams I have in life. I read this list everyday because it pushes me harder and when I see it, I feel it and know it and that is what is going to help me succeed.
Believe in yourself, and your dreams. Allow yourself to feel comfortable being uncomfortable, because more often then not, it means you’re one step closer to your dreams.
xo – Jaclyn
Not all those who wander are lost.